HomeAbout usPropertiesRentalsCommunity LinksFor ResidentsGallery of PhotosContact
Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions about renting from us.  If you don't find what you're looking for please contact the leasing office for more information.  Please check office hours for each location or you can call or email us.

Can I smoke in my apartment?

NO.  The property is smoke free. There is no smoking any where in the building, including your apartment.  smoking in your unit is a lease violation resulting I'm a fine and will lead to eviction. This is for the safety and health of all residents, guests and staff.

When is my rent due ?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late at 5:00 pm on the 5th.  There is a late fee charged to your account if your rent is not received on time and in full. See your lease for additional information.

Who should I make my check/money order payable to?

Please make all checks and money orders payable to LFR OHIO PROPERTIES. Be sure that your name and unit number are noted on your check.  Please make sure payees put your name on the checks so that your account will be properly credited.

How can I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid by mail or in person to: LFR Ohio Properties.  We accept personal checks, money orders, debit cards. Cash is never accepted. 

Where should checks/money orders be mailed to and what are the office hours?

Blume Alumni Apartments and Sunrise Apartments
407 S. Blackhoof St.
Wapakoneta, OH 45895

Our office is open Monday, Wednesday from 9 PM to 5:00 PM,.  We are closed for lunch from 12:00 PM-1 PM every day. The offices are closed on Friday for administrative duties.

Canal Place Apartments
121 W. Poplar St
Sidney, OH 45365

Our office is open Monday and Thursday from 9 AM to 5 PM.  We are closed for lunch from 12:00-1 PM every day.  The offices are closed on Friday for administrative duties.

If the Office is closed, how can I pay my rent?

You can leave you check/money order in the mail slot located outside the office.  Dropbox slots are located next to the office door at Canal Place or  in the glass foyer at the entrance of Blume Alumni Apartments.  Please specify your rental address in the memo field of your check so that your account can be properly credited.  You may pick up a receipt during regular office hours.

What are acceptable forms of rent payment?

Acceptable forms of rent payment are personal checks (from a tenant/payee), Cashiers Checks or Money Orders, CASH IS NEVER ACCEPTED.

If checks are returned for insufficient funds, you will be charged an additional $35.00 and will have pay the rent using a money order or bank check.  This includes debit card withdrawals.

How do I make a request for a maintenance problem?

All maintenance requests must be made through a maintenance request. You can print the Maintenance Request Form and deliver to LFR Ohio Properties. You can visit our offices and fill out a Maintenance Request Form. If no one is there leave in the mailbox or put in the mail slot next to the office. 

               If you have an after hour maintenance  emergency, please call (937) 606-1002.

Where do I submit a work order when the office is closed?

You can leave all written work order requests in the mail slots if the office is not open.  IF it is an emergency*, please call the office and leave a message. Someone will get back to you as quickly as possible. 

*Emergencies include - loss of heat, air conditioning if windows don't open, water leaks, electrical issues. 

In the case of an emergency in my unit, what do I do?

If this is an after hours emergency, please call our 24 hour maintenance at 937-606-1002 (Examples of emergencies are active water leaking, flooding, heater not working, fire, gas odors etc. Items such as low water flow or a stove burner out are not considered emergencies.  There are times when staff is involved in other projects and may not get to immediately.  Please notify the office if the problem worsens before maintenance is able to get to your unit.

How long should I plan to wait to hear back from someone regarding a maintenance problem?

In a non-emergency situation, please allow three days. If you have not heard from our office in five days, please contact us.  Work orders are completed based on severity of the problem or repair.

What am I responsible for maintaining in my unit?

You are responsible for maintaining a clean unit, including appliances, floors and carpets. Energy saving light bulbs have been provided for your unit in all fixtures.  Please see office if you need additional bulbs. Cabinets, walls, and doors should be kept clean and free of excessive or large holes.  Wall hooks should be used to hang photos and other wall decorations.  Entry ways should always be clear of debris and furniture.

If you notice issues regarding plumbing, heating, etc., you need to report to the leasing office immediately through a work order so that repairs can be scheduled.  Please refer to your individual residential lease or handbook for more information.

What does my security deposit cover?

Your security deposit covers any repairs needed when you leave your unit that are not due to normal wear and tear due to daily use. 

Can I use my security deposit to cover my last months rent?

No.  You are responsible to pay your last months rent in full.  Security deposits are used to make necessary repairs to the unit after you leave.

Do I need approval to paint or change something in the unit I am renting?

Yes.  Any and all changes or modifications to the property must be requested in writing to LFR Ohio Properties for approval before any changes are made.  See your rental agreement for additional information.

Do I need renter's insurance? 

As Tenants / Renters you are not homeowners, but you still have exposure to many of the same types of losses. That is why there is a special type of homeowner’s insurance called tenant’s or renter’s insurance. Landlord’s / Owner’s insurance does not cover tenant for personal loss or liability. We highly recommend that you have a renter’s policy to cover your personal items.

First and foremost, tenants should be aware their personal property is not covered by the landlord’s insurance policy. Tenants are responsible for obtaining insurance for their personal property if they want to be covered in the event of fire, theft, or other type of loss.

  • Other Types of Insurance available to renters:

    1.       At home or away...
    These are other types of loss that renter’s insurance protects against include, in addition to fire and theft, a range of other losses or perils. A significant benefit is that renter’s insurance covers personal property whether that property is damaged or stolen in the tenant’s own rental unit or in another location.

    2.      Weather or not...
    In most policies, renter’s insurance provides coverage for damage caused by windstorms, hail, explosions, vandalism, a riot or civil disturbance, and even a volcano! It’s important to note damage caused by earthquake or flood must be purchased separately with an endorsement to the renter’s policy or an additional policy.

    3.      Category Limits for valuables…
    Like other types of homeowner’s insurance, a renter’s policy also limits coverage for some categories of personal property, such as jewelry, furs, silverware and other types of valuables. Tenants should check with their insurance agent to find out what other categories may have limited coverage under their renter’s insurance policy. If the value of their property in any of those categories exceeds the limit, tenants may be able to increase the coverage for the specific category on their renter’s policy, or insure those items separately. (If they choose to insure or schedule their valuable items separately, they may receive broader coverage and lower deductibles on those items.)

    4.      Liability coverage why tenants need it …
    In addition to coverage for their personal property, a renter’s policy also provides liability coverage. Tenants may wonder why they need liability coverage when the landlord’s policy has it. The answer is simple: because the landlord’s insurance only covers landlord liability. It doesn’t cover the tenant’s liability. Renter’s insurance covers the tenant’s liability up to a set limit, as long as the tenant did not intentionally cause the loss. Liability coverage isn’t just limited to damage to others or others’ property that occurs inside the tenant’s residence. It also covers legal defense expenses and the renter’s liability outside the home.

Can I terminate my lease before it expires?

Yes.  You are required per your rental agreement to give a written notice at least forty-five (45) days prior to your move out date.  Failure to provide this notice will result in loss of your security deposit.  Your security deposit cannot be used as your last month’s rent.  You will still need to pay your last month’s rent on time and in full.  Be sure to leave a forwarding address.

Notice to Vacate Forms and Move Out Guidelines are available from the leasing office as well as online. Contact your property manager as soon as possible to discuss this situation in detail.

Download 45 Day Notice to Vacate  and Move Out Guidelines (PDF)

What do I need to do when I move out?

You need to notify the office your are leaving. You will also want to be sure to get the Move Out Guidelines for additional information.  A move out inspection should be scheduled for the final move-out date with the leasing office.  Any damages/repairs will be noted just like like when you moved into the unit.  It is to your benefit to be there for this inspection and to make sure your unit is completely empty and clean.  Any repairs or removal of trash, personal items or furniture will be deducted from your deposit, and any balance owed will be sent to a credit collection company.

  • Be sure to include a forwarding address.
  • You need to return all keys to your unit.
  • The unit needs to be left clean and in broom-swept condition.
  • Schedule a move-out inspection with the office. 

(All personal items, furniture and trash needs to be removed from your unit to avoid additional charges.  Furniture can not be left in  OR near the dumpster, or in any common areas.  Removing all items from the unit is at the resident's expense.

What happens if only one roommate wants to move out?

Contact the leasing office directly for the necessary forms to remove one roommate from the lease paperwork and/or have a new roommate added. Your property manager will discuss the roommate transfer fee as well as the procedures for handling the security deposit.

How do I get my security deposit back?

You must comply with your lease agreement, and give 45 days written notice of your intent to vacate the property. Once you have completely moved out and returned your keys, and a move-out inspection has been completed, a request for all or partial security deposit will be submitted.  A refund check will be mailed to you within 30 days of lease termination.  Please make sure we have a forwarding address for you.

Will I get my security deposit back if I am evicted?

No.  Because you have been evicted, your lease has been violated, and you will not get your security deposit back.

How long can guests stay in my unit?

Guests can stay in your unit for no more than 14 days per your lease agreement. 

Can we have pets?

Yes.  There is an additional deposit  and monthly fee for each. Cats and dogs under 30 pounds (full grown) are allow with prior written approval from management. Cats need to be declawed.  There is an additional $100 deposit fee for puppies and kittens under the age of 1. Applications are available from the leasing office or on line.  There is an additional deposit and monthly fee for pets.  No more than 2 pets are allowed per unit. All pets need to have current veterinary records on file in the office.

Download Pet Application (PDF)